This should not have been called Meatless Monday. For the past few weeks, I’ve been posting erratically! Forgive me. I’ve been busy, and I’ve been sick (which reminds me, I need to visit my dentist AGAIN stat).
Last week, I made mini veggie pizza, which is super-duper easy you can have one in less than 20 minutes. No kidding!
So what do you need?
- tomato sauce (I used Clara Ole’s tomato sauce with mushrooms)
- diced tomatoes
- chopped bell peppers
- 1 sliced bread, cut into two
- grated cheddar cheese
- ground black pepper (optional–I just love black pepper)
If you want to take it to the next level, you can include some herbs such as basil or a hint of oregano. You can also toss some onions or change cheddar to parmesan.
1. Cut the bread into half. Remove the sides.
2. Spread tomato sauce on top of each.
3. Place your veggies.
4. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Toast for around 10 to 15 minutes.
Easy, right? After I did everything, it looked something like this.
I think what you’ll love about it is the crunchiness of the bread and the veggies after they’re toasted, as well as the slight creaminess of the melted cheese.
Yesterday, I prepared tomato-basil soup with garlic bread. I’ll cover that next week.